Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Networks and Communication

Asynchronous and  synchronous communication is become widely popular in our current time. These ways of communication has helped us save plenty of time and energy in communicating with each other. An example of ways that these communications are in effect right now is how I am currently in the process of applying for jobs so I am going through many processes that consist of communicating with the company, during this time I have used my email more then ever because I have to talk to send them attachments and documents of all sorts I have also been giving interviews through Skype. I see this form of interviews as becoming very popular amongst companies nowadays. It is sort of a weird transition but saves plenty of time for me and the companies who interview me. These are just a few examples of how I believe asynchronous and synchronous communication is being used and will continue to be used. Also after reading the article, "Skype in the Classroom, from York to Antarctica" I learned that many schools are beginning to use this method to communicate with children and expand the horizons of their learning experience. As stated by the article, third grade students had a unique opportunity to talk with a scientist and learn more about the topic which they are covering. Musone who is the teacher of this third grade class said Skype sessions such as the one the students got with the scientist gives students experiences that she could not provide without the technology and it helped students to think about environments different from what they are used to (Snader). I believe this method of teaching will become more popular as we move on because it engages students to learn in a more engaging and interesting manner. These are just a few ways that this method of communication is being used and I'm sure it will only continue to grow.
Reference:

Snader, Nikelle. "Skype in the Classroom, from York to Antarctica." Yorkdispatch.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Feb. 2014. <http://www.yorkdispatch.com/localnews/ci_24976145/skype-classroom-from-york-antarctica>.

2 comments:

  1. I like that companies are now using synchronous and asynchronous ways of communication with their job applicants. It really does save a lot of time . I hope this trend continues and I hope that more organizations will make this their way of communication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly didn't think about how companies could use these types of communication for applicants. That is a really interesting take. Yes, it will be used in the future. You should take a look at the article, "Study: Texting while walking affects your balance." This article focuses on a study of people who try and use these communication methods in very unorthodox locations. My favorite part is when the woman falls into the fountain at a mall.

    ReplyDelete